Bank Nizwa, Bahwan in travel finance tie-up
Muscat, June 20, 2013
Bank Nizwa, a leading Islamic bank in Oman, recently signed a memorandum of understanding with Bahwan Travel Agencies (BTA) towards offering a Sharia compliant travel finance solution.
Customers can avail of the offer on holiday tickets to many destinations to a value equal to or in excess of RO2,500 ($6,475), a statement said.
Tariq Al Farsi, GM Retail, Bank Nizwa said: “With the holy month of Ramadan approaching many of our customers are preparing to go for Umrah. We are delighted to have partnered with BTA to make financing this trip a little easier.
“The world is an exciting place and we hope to make it a little bit more accessible to both our customers and the customers of BTA. It has never been easier for customers to jet off to their destination of choice.”
Shankar Bose, GM, Bahwan Travel Agencies, said: “We are both leaders in our field, dedicated to providing our customers with quality services. Together, we will ensure that the people of Oman have access to quality holidays which are Sharia compliant.”
Customers can book their holiday quickly and conveniently by filling out a personal finance application form and presenting it to Bank Nizwa along with a quotation from BTA with the amount of the travel package required, the statement said.
Once approved, the bank will purchase the package on the customers’ behalf and Bank Nizwa will offer its customers special rates on all services utilised from BTA. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson