Barwa unit acquires key UK property
Doha, July 1, 2013
The First Investor (TFI), the investment banking division of Qatar-based Barwa Bank Group, has partnered with Investra Investment, a leading British real estate group, to acquire two key properties in the UK.
TFI has partnered with Investra for what is TFI and Barwa Bank Group’s first UK based investment initiative and the first major Shariah-compliant fund in the region of its kind that invests in income-generating property in the distribution, logistics and light-industrial sector of the UK, reported the Peninsula.
The fund’s first property acquisition is a manufacturing warehouse located in Bilston, Wolverhampton, leased to one of the largest manufacturers of highway and road railing and barriers, for an unexpired lease term of at least 10 years, said the report.
The second property acquisition is a distribution warehouse located near Glasgow in Scotland, leased to one of the largest parcel distribution companies in Europe, for an unexpired lease term of at least 11 years.
TFI and Investra have seeded the fund with £10 million ($15.2 million) capital from their respective balance sheets. The fund is targeting a net quarterly dividend of 7-9 per cent per annum and capital appreciation over three years, the report added.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook