Mahmoud Nodjoumi and Tarun Khanna
Nexus Group appoints new CEO
Dubai, July 2, 2013
Nexus Group, a major independent insurance brokerage in the GCC, has appointed Tarun Khanna as its new CEO.
Khanna assumes the role after having served as Deputy CEO since 2010. Outgoing CEO and company founder Mahmoud Nodjoumi will stay on as chairman, focusing on geographic expansion and providing high-level support.
“I am delighted to announce Tarun’s promotion to Nexus Group CEO,” said Nodjoumi.
“He has already marked himself out as an extremely capable leader, and has played an instrumental role in the company’s many successes over the past few years. I am hugely confident that he will continue to steer the company with both drive and vision as we strive to reach new heights.”
Khanna, who joined Nexus Group in 2007, has spent over two decades in the financial services industry. His experience includes high-profile stints at Merrill Lynch’s investment banking division in New York, Morgan Stanley, Lazard Asset Management, Wellington Management and Copper Arch Capital, a New York-based hedge fund.
“The company’s reputation as a dedicated and professional organisation is second to none, and we have an enviable foundation for the future,” said Khanna.
“I will continue to work closely with Mahmoud moving forward, not only to ensure continuity but also to give us the best possible opportunity for growth and expansion across the region.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment