Takaful Re names new GM
Dubai, July 7, 2013
Takaful Re Limited, a Dubai-based retakaful operator has appointed Firas El Azem as its new general manager with effect from August 1.
He succeeds Chakib Abouzaid, who resigned from Takaful Re earlier in the year.
El Azem, 50, is a graduate of business administration from the University of Cologne and brings with him more than 22 years of experience in insurance and reinsurance with a special focus on takaful.
He began his career with Munich Re and worked there for 15 years until becoming the chief executive and general manager of its Kuala Lumpur branch.
He then returned to Syria and led the establishment of two new private insurance companies, until the war broke out.
"We are pleased to welcome El Azem on board to lead Takaful Re and we are confident that the company will benefit from his immense business expertise in the emerging market sector of retakaful," said Takaful Re chairman Khalid Al Bustani.
"At the same time, I would like to thank Abouzaid for spearheading Takaful Re expansion over the last eight years and firmly establishing its brand name throughout the takaful arena," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Dubai |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn