Takaful Re names new GM
Dubai, July 7, 2013
Takaful Re Limited, a Dubai-based retakaful operator has appointed Firas El Azem as its new general manager with effect from August 1.
He succeeds Chakib Abouzaid, who resigned from Takaful Re earlier in the year.
El Azem, 50, is a graduate of business administration from the University of Cologne and brings with him more than 22 years of experience in insurance and reinsurance with a special focus on takaful.
He began his career with Munich Re and worked there for 15 years until becoming the chief executive and general manager of its Kuala Lumpur branch.
He then returned to Syria and led the establishment of two new private insurance companies, until the war broke out.
"We are pleased to welcome El Azem on board to lead Takaful Re and we are confident that the company will benefit from his immense business expertise in the emerging market sector of retakaful," said Takaful Re chairman Khalid Al Bustani.
"At the same time, I would like to thank Abouzaid for spearheading Takaful Re expansion over the last eight years and firmly establishing its brand name throughout the takaful arena," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Dubai |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson