QNB names finance minister as chairman
Dubai, July 7, 2013
Qatar National Bank has appointed the country's finance minister, Ali Shareef al-Emadi, as chairman of its board of directors, the country’s largest lender said in a statement on Sunday.
Emadi was previously QNB's chief executive. Sunday's statement did not disclose whether he still retained this position.
Emadi was appointed finance minister following a cabinet reshuffle in the Gulf Arab state at the end of June after the ascension of Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani as Emir of Qatar. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head