Citibank Bahrain, BFC in payment deal
Manama, July 14, 2013
Citibank Bahrain and Bahrain Financing Company (BFC) have partnered to offer one of the largest credit card and loan payment platforms to customers.
The partnership allows Citibank customers to make their monthly credit card and loan payments in cash across any of the 33 BFC branches in Bahrain, said a statement.
Navneet Kampani, Citibank consumer bank head, said: “We at Citibank are firm believers in the synergies a robust partnership can bring and to that effect we are pleased to have onboard BFC as our strategic partner. As a bank it is imperative for us to continuously work towards providing our customers with a convenient and pleasant banking experience’’.
Ebrahim Nonoo, managing director and CEO, BFC, said: “The partnership with Citibank will afford customers the convenience of paying their loan or credit card balances, at the same time as undertaking their normal remittance or FX transactions, besides, offering existing Citibank customers a larger network of branches to make their payments.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records