Lamees Al Baharna
CFA Society Bahrain appoints new president
Manama, August 5, 2013
CFA Society Bahrain, an association for local investment professionals, has elected its new president and board of directors at its Annual General Meeting recently.
The president is Lamees Al Baharna and the new members of the board include, Mahmoud Nawar, vice president; Ali Moulani, treasurer; Kamlesh Kasala, board secretary; and William Tohme’ and Zeeba Askar, members.
The society has been at the forefront in developing ethics, education and good corporate governance within the investment community. It has developed important working relationships with a host of government bodies such as the Bahrain Bourse and the Central Bank of Bahrain, besides large Bahrain based investment and financial institutions and universities, said a statement.
It has also helped consolidate Bahrain’s position within the international financial community as part of CFA Institute’s international network of nearly 111,000 members based in 141 countries and territories, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school