New chief information officer for NBAD
Abu Dhabi, August 12, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), the number one Bank in the UAE, has appointed Michael Austin as the bank’s group chief information officer.
Austin brings to NBAD his 25 years’ experience in information technology, working at financial services companies in Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
“Michael Austin is an accomplished IT executive whose extensive, broad experience, and strong understanding of technology and global financial markets will maintain and advance NBAD’s high standards and leading position in innovation,” said Khalaf Sultan Bin Rashed Al Dhaheri, the group chief operating officer of NBAD.
Austin would lead NBAD Information Technology Department which has enabled the bank to break barriers and be a trendsetter in the banking industry. NBAD, for instance, is the first UAE bank to introduce mobile payment system in the country through NBAD Arrow.
Austin joined NBAD from Lloyds Banking Group where he was the chief information officer of wholesale and commercial banking. He has also worked for Rabobank International, ING Barings, JPMorgan Chase, Baring Securities and ACT Financial Systems. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson