Al Hilal Bank wins top honour
Abu Dhabi, August 27, 2013
Al Hilal Bank, an Abu Dhabi-based Islamic bank, was named the ‘Middle East Retail Bank of the Year’ at the 2013 Retail Banker International Awards recently.
The awards, organised by market intelligence firm Timetric, honour retail banking excellence under the North American, European, African, Middle Eastern, Latin American, Asian and Global categories, said a statement.
Al Hilal Bank was chosen as the best retail banking institution in its region due to its high level of sustainable profitable growth, professionalism, and its representation of industry in the eyes of the public and regulators, it said.
“Our win at the 2013 Retail Banker International Awards was a very proud moment as it extended recognition of our industry leadership from the GCC to the entire Middle East. We have proven over the past few years how progressive Islamic banking can make a huge impact in regional and global banking and finance,” said Mohammed Jamil Berro, CEO. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’