Investcorp plans shareholders' conference
Manama, September 18, 2013
Investcorp has announced plans to host its international investors and shareholders conference in Bahrain on September 24.
The alternative investment firm's Gulf business president Mohammed Al Shroogi will open the seminar at the Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain Hotel and Spa.
It will bring together the key investors, shareholders, chief executives of portfolio companies and top executives from around the world.
Investcorp's portfolio companies' representatives will include from North America, Fleetmatics chief executive Jim Travers, from the Gulf, L'Azurde chief executive Selim Chidiac and from Europe Tyrrells English Crisps chief executive David Milner.
"Hosting this conference in Bahrain will provide us an ideal platform to share our knowledge and experience across the firm with key partners and will allow discussions of current investment trends in the market," said Al Shroogi.
"It will be an interesting opportunity for our investors and shareholders to take a close look at our latest investment trends, our post-acquisition efforts and to meet some of our portfolio companies' chief executives," he stated.
Meanwhile, in a separate announcement, the investment bank said it was seeking to offer to repurchase up to 100,000 of its preference shares.
The amount of shares represents 19.4 per cent of the company's total preference shares outstanding, Investcorp said. Investcorp had $11.5 billion in assets under management as on December 31, last year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain