Mashreq to offer foreigners upto 20pc shares
Dubai, September 18, 2013
Dubai's Mashreq will allow foreigners to own up to 20 per cent of the bank's shares, it said in a bourse statement on Wednesday.
Foreign investors currently own only 1.9 per cent of the bank's shares, data from the Dubai Financial Market shows. The change in foreign ownership is effective from Thursday, Mashreq said.
About 20 per cent of Mashreq's shares are free float, while the Al-Ghurair family holds a 70 per cent stake, according to Reuters data.
Mashreq is Dubai's third-largest bank by market value.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’