NBAD wins top financial excellence award
Abu Dhabi, September 25, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), has won the prestigious Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award- Diamond Category affirming the bank’s position as a leader in the financial industry.
Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, chairman of Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court presented the award to Nasser Ahmed Khalifa Alsowaidi, chairman of NBAD.
“We are proud to win this prominent and coveted award. Winning the Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award is a valuable recognition of the many exceptional accomplishments and contributions that NBAD has made to the development of not only NBAD but the financial services industry,” said Alex Thursby, group chief executive officer of NBAD.
“The Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award is an effective gauge of distinction and merit. The Bank’s successes have distinguished NBAD as the leading bank and company.”
Thursby added: “The UAE sits at the heart of West-East Corridor and NBAD’s strategy is to gain a leading role in this space to promote the interest of Abu Dhabi and the UAE in this vital and rising super-region.”
NBAD’s many achievements and successes that were considered for the award included the bank’s annual Global Financial Markets Forum; its risk management framework that has made NBAD one of the world’s 50 safest banks and the safest bank in the Middle East; NBAD i-Trade, an example of NBAD’s innovative products to create value for clients; Nafura secure online channel for corporate clients and NBAD’s partnership with the UAE Ministry of Finance to create E-Dirham payment system.
“Excellence is an on-going journey and it is about putting best practice into action to benefit our customers and our stakeholders,” said Thursby.
“We will continue to utilise the SKEA Diamond Award excellence framework as the springboard for further improvements to create great value for our customers,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute