Kuwait inflation eases to 2.5pc in Aug
Kuwait, September 28, 2013
Kuwait's inflation slowed to a 2.5 per cent year-on-year (y/y) in August, down from 3.1 per cent the previous year, according to the state news agency KUNA.
The prices of food and beverages, which account for over 18 per cent of the consumer basket, rose 5.2 per cent from a year earlier and 0.5 per cent month-on-month.
Analysts polled by Reuters in April predicted average inflation of 3.5 per cent in 2013, up from 3.3 per cent last year.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’
- Emaar approves bonds-to-shares conversion
- Higher oil production to boost Mena growth
- KHC names new finance chief