DFM accredits Mena Corp for margin trading
Dubai, October 1, 2013
Dubai Financial Market (DFM) has accredited the Abu Dhabi-based investment bank ‘Mena Corp Financial Services’ to provide margin trading.
This has lifted the total number of brokerage firms in DFM, providing this service to eight companies.
The exchange is currently processing similar applications from other brokerage firms in collaboration with the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA), said a statement.
Margin trading permits brokerage companies to fund a percentage of the market value of securities traded, and secure as collateral for the same securities or any other collateral as required by the SCA’s license, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3