GFH appoints new chairman
Manama, October 5, 2013
Bahrain-based Islamic investment bank Gulf Finance House (GFH) yesterday appointed Dr Ahmed Al Mutawa as the new chairman following the resignation of Essam Janahi, said a report.
Janahi tendered his resignation at the last meeting of the board of directors, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Dr Al Mutawa, a UAE national, has been serving as the vice-chairman for the past two years. He brings more than 34 years of experience to the bank, the report said.
Dr Al Mutawa was earlier the managing director of the Abu Dhabi-based Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development. He has also served as the secretary-general of Gulf Organisation for Industrial Consulting.
He is presently a board member in various banking, educational and business conglomerates, stated the report.
Dr Al Mutawa has been closely involved in the restructuring of the GFH and the development of its current strategy, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson