Ajman Bank sacks chief executive; CFO in charge
Dubai, October 6, 2013
UAE-based Ajman Bank has sacked its chief executive Mohammed Zaqout, less than six months after appointing him to lead the Emirati lender, a bourse statement said on Sunday.
The Islamic bank said it had terminated the services of Zaqout with effect from Sunday, with Chief Financial Officer Seifeldin Abdelkareem becoming acting CEO.
Ajman Bank, one of the smaller lenders in UAE, announced it had hired Zaqout as chief executive on April 8.
The bank, listed on the Dubai Financial Market since 2008, is 25-per cent owned by the government of Ajman. -Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- United Arab signs $250m syndicated loan
- Standard Life sets up Asia advisory board
- UAE among 20 most attractive countries for M&A
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn