Italian firms mull Bahrain investment
Manama, October 21, 2013
Italian companies are exploring trade and investment opportunities in Bahrain, thanks to its diversified and free economy, flexible policies and its high rankings on international competitiveness indices.
The Economic Development Board (EDB) yesterday hosted an Italian delegation representing engineering and industrial sectors and arranged for business meetings with their Bahraini counterparts.
The delegation represented small and medium enterprises in the services sector, including construction, engineering, food, chemicals, plastics, textile, clothing, transportation, paper and computers industries.
Key characteristics of the investment environment in Bahrain as well as its strong competitive advantages were highlighted in a presentation by the EDB.
The presentation highlighted the kingdom's key advantages, its diversified and free economy, flexible policies and its high rankings on international competitiveness indices in comparison to the regional economies.
Such meetings, the EDB said, would allow the kingdom's private sector to explore opportunities of mutual interest and discuss investment prospects between the two parties, with the aim of enhancing trade and economic relations and creating employment opportunities for Bahraini citizens.
The EDB also arranged for the Italian delegation to meet Works Ministry officials as well as other officials from the Electricity and Water Authority.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head