Top UK firms set to boost trade with Bahrain
Manama, November 7, 2013
Scores of leading businesses in the UK are looking to boost trade with Bahrain at a major event being held to mark the longstanding relationship between the two countries, a report said.
The companies will arrive in Manama to showcase their products and help build on the positive bilateral trade ties in the Great British Week, which will be held between January 15 and 22, according to the report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"This is the first celebration of British business and innovation in Bahrain in a generation and we are very excited at the prospect of putting on and supporting a whole range of events that showcase the wide-ranging, longstanding and close relationship between our two countries," said British Ambassador Iain Lindsay yesterday (November 6) at the launch of the event at the British Embassy.
The event is being held under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad and will take place in conjunction with the third Bahrain International Air Show.
It is being jointly organised by the embassy, the Bahrain British Business Forum (BBBF) and the British Council.
It will also feature a "knowledge" conference supported by UK-based Brunel University and Ahlia University, a conference about advanced engineering and a celebration dinner which will showcase British fashion and cooking.
The launch was attended by top officials, including BBBF chairman Khalid Al Zayani. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013