Emirates Investment posts 33pc profit rise
Dubai, November 7, 2013
Dubai-based Emirates Investment Bank, a private and investment banking boutique, has posted a net profit of Dh30.6 million ($8.3 million) in the nine month period ending September, marking a 33 per cent rise over the same period of 2012.
Customer deposits grew 96 per cent to Dh 1.57 billion during the same period, while fiduciary assets rose 66 per cent to Dh 1.11 billion. The bank saw an increase of 48 per cent in its total assets which reached Dh2.7 billion.
Net profit for the third quarter of the year increased by 111 per cent to Dh2.8 million, as against Dh1.3 million during the third quarter of 2012.
Khaled Sifri, CEO of Emirates Investment Bank, said: “All our performance figures have improved and we expect this trend to continue while we focus on exceptional client service. Our investment banking team has been working on various deals across the Middle East and predominantly in the UAE and in Saudi Arabia. We are hoping to close one, possibly two, transaction by year end.”
“We continue to see a great deal of interest from high net worth individuals from the region and internationally who want to work with a bank such as ours – a bank that is independent, bespoke and entirely dedicated to being a pure-play private bank.
“The Board of Emirates Investment Bank is encouraged by our progress so far and is optimistic about the prospects for the development of the business. With the support of our shareholders, we look forward to reporting continuous growth in the months and years ahead,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit