BCCI names new chief executive
Manama, November 14, 2013
Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) has appointed Nabeel Al Mahmood as its chief executive with retrospective effect from September 1.
The appointment was confirmed at the 27th meeting of the chamber's board of directors, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
During the meeting, BCCI chairman Dr Essam Fakhro said Mr Al Mahmood demonstrated his commitment and earnestness to promote the role of the chamber, during the preceding eight months in his post as acting chief executive.
"His proven leadership, experience and expertise are what the kingdom's business community needs," he added.
Al Mahmood will continue to oversee the activities of BCCI to support the private sector and to profile Bahrain in the global marketplace.
The CEO thanked the board for the appointment, which he said, reflects the confidence of the board in him.
His role will include strategic planning and management as well as working closely with the board in formulating the chamber's mission, objectives, related policies and programmes while heading the administrative task of the organisation.
Al Mahmood was the chief of Bahrain International Investment Park before joining BCCI in 2007. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts Of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs