BBK wins STP award from JP Morgan
Manama, November 18, 2013
Bahrain-based BBK said it has won the 2013 Quality Recognition award from JP Morgan for achieving a very high 'straight-through-processing' (STP) rate for funds transfers.
STP is the automated process of payments which increases processing speed, minimises routing errors, lowers operations and transaction costs while resulting in efficient, rapid payment execution and credit for the bank and the customers it serves.
This is the fourth consecutive year that BBK has won the award, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
BBK assistant general manager in operations division Rashad Akbari received the award from JP Morgan Chase managing director and senior country officer Ali Moosa.
This award is presented to leading financial institutions which have state-of-the-art STP electronic payment services and meet JP Morgan's stringent processing accuracy criteria.
This year, less than one per cent of JP Morgan's total funds transfer clients qualified for the award.-TradeArabia New Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook