Islamic finance forum begins in Bahrain
Manama, November 18, 2013
A major conference on international accounting standards for Islamic finance is being organised in Bahrain in partnership with the World Bank.
Bahrain-based Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI) is hosting the event under the auspices of the Central Bank of Bahrain starting from today.
The two-day 'AAOIFI-World Bank Annual Conference on Islamic Banking and Finance' will run at the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence and Spa.
It is part of AAOIFI's on-going consultative process with the international Islamic finance industry on the development and review of its standards on Sharia, accounting, auditing, ethics and governance.
The conference will see experts discuss issues relating to development and adoption of international accounting standards for Islamic finance, dynamics of auditing and risks, incorporation of Sharia principles in legal documentation, further innovation on takaful operations and products, and continuing development of Islamic venture capital, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
A number of research papers will be presented by eminent Sharia scholars, senior representatives from central banks and regulatory authorities, members of AAOIFI Sharia board as well as AAOIFI accounting and auditing standards board and practitioners.
The conference will also be attended by senior representatives of Islamic financial institutions, accounting and auditing firms, legal firms, universities and higher learning institutions and media from across the world.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook