Prince Alwaleed during a tour of the Kingdom Tower site.
Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
Jeddah, December 4, 2013
Jeddah Economic Company (JEC), chaired by Kingdom Holding Company chief Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, has appointed Mounib Hammoud as the company's new chief executive officer.
Hammoud has more than 20 years of experience in urban planning and real estate development in the Mena region. He has also held various executive positions at Solidere and Solidere International where he played a pivotal role in their success.
Hammoud joins JEC at an important stage of its operation as he will be leading the company to achieve its goals, especially in developing an integrated modern city that includes the Kingdom Tower, tallest tower in the world (more than 1000 meters high), which will give Jeddah and Saudi Arabia a unique modern landmark of a world class standard, said a company statement.
On the project work progress, the new JEC chief said the piling works for the Kingdom Tower had been completed.
Talal Al Maiman, the executive director (Development and Domestic Investments) KHC, chairman and CEO of Kingdom Real Estate Development Company (KRED), a board member of KHC and a board member of JEC, said, "Hammoud joins us at an important stage of the project where we trust that he will lead this stage and continue the journey in line with the vision of Prince Alwaleed and our partners in JEC”.
“JEC will enter a new and thriving era and it will play a pre-eminent role in developing the real estate sector in Saudi Arabia and, more specifically, in Jeddah,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Jeddah Economic Company |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi investor exits first UKreal estate investment
- Dubai Investments Park celebrates Nasdaq listing
- Norton Rose Fulbright advises on IDB $1.5bn sukuk
- IGIH posts 24pc rise in profit
- Tokyo exchange inks Dubai agreement
- PiSlice, du partner to encourage micro-lending
- Bank Alkhair swings to $4.7m profit
- BMI launches new personal loan promotion
- Experts shed light on key Fatca legislation
- Saudi inflation plunges to four-year low
- UAE investment appetite 'strengthens' says expert
- Dubai mulls rule change to woo domiciled funds
- UAE, Abu Dhabi roll over $20bn of Dubai's debt
- Saudi can achieve 4.4pc growth this year
- Emaar listing of retail unit 'within months'
- Dubai Investments nets $29m profits
- Compliance officers facing diverse pressures, says study
- Abu Dhabi finance dept inks deal with Ajman
- Kuwait registers 8pc credit growth
- Bahrain Sico funds net solid returns
- Emaar proposes 15pc cash dividends
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification