Bahrain chamber gears up for poll
Manama, January 26, 2014
Preparations are in full swing for Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) board elections, set for February 15.
Necessary arrangements and procedures are under review to ensure integrity of the electoral process, said Election Committee chairman Adel Al Maskati in a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
The committee is planning a press conference in English language to inform members, candidates, voters and the public of the latest developments, he said.
Al Maskati chaired the 10th committee meeting at Beit Al Tijjar yesterday in which participants were updated on the work progress of the electoral process.
BCCI chief executive Nabeel Abdulrahman Al Mahmood and members of the administrative staff attended.
Al Maskati said the chamber has extended working hours for members to submit applications to include their names or make corrections in the voters' list between 8am and 7pm at the BCCI building until January 28.
He said BCCI members whose names do not appear on voters' list or there is an error in the recorded data may submit applications to the election committee. It will review applications and inform the member about its decision by phone, fax or e-mail.
The applicants must fill out the BCCI membership form, provide a passport and identity card copy of the ownership of the firm. The same applies to members of board of directors of member companies.
They will also have to provide a copy of the commercial registration, an official certified commercial extract of the member's commercial register dated no later than three months from the date of submission, and the company's articles of association and its amendments, if any.
BCCI will receive a Czech trade delegation on January 29 as part of efforts to bolster economic relations in the private sector.
Al Mahmood urged parties involved in the health and medical sector to meet the trade mission - which includes representatives of major investment companies - to discuss prospects of co-operation.
The trade exchange volume between Bahrain and Czech Republic reached about $21 million in 2011, said Al Mahmood. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies