Al Sager named NBK group CEO
Kuwait, 27 days ago
The board of directors of National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) Group has appointed Isam Jasem Al Sager as NBK Group chief executive officer.
Al Sager succeeds Ibrahim Shukri Dabdoub, who will retire after the upcoming general assembly meeting.
The board also appointed Shaikha Khaled Al Bahar as the deputy group CEO.
Al Sager is currently NBK’s deputy group CEO, a position he held since 2010. He also held the position of NBK Kuwait CEO between 2008 and 2010.
Shaikha Al Bahar is currently NBK Kuwait CEO. She was appointed to that position in 2010. Prior to that, she was NBK Kuwait deputy CEO between 2008 and 2010.
Dabdoub’s successful career at NBK extends for over 53 years, of which 30 years at its helm. Dabdoub has successfully led the bank to becoming one of the leading financial institutions in the Middle East with operations in 16 countries and total assets of $66 billion, while maintaining its ranking among the world’s safest banks with the highest credit ratings in the Middle East.
Dabdoub will continue to serve the bank as an advisor to the board of directors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator