Bahrain, Kazakhstan in 'new era of co-operation'
Astana, April 15, 2014
Bahrain and Kazakhstan are to usher in a new era of joint co-operation spanning all sectors.
The main focus will be on promoting economic, cultural and tourism co-operation in addition to boosting investment, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
His Majesty King Hamad yesterday held key talks at his residence with Kazakh Prime Minister Karim Massimov, stressing the need to seize investment opportunities, whose windfall will spur growth and benefit the two friendly peoples.
Regional and international issues of mutual interest were also on the agenda of official talks.
The Kazakh Premier commended the King's state visit, saying that it would bolster bilateral ties.
He stressed the need for the two countries to seize opportunities and optimise their assets to set up joint ventures. He commended Bahrain's established expertise in key sectors, particularly aluminum and Islamic banking.
Major deals signed
Following agreements were signed between Bahrain and Kazakhstan on the sidelines of His Majesty King Hamad's visit:
* MoU between the Industry and Commerce Ministry and the Kazakh Ministry of Industry and New Technologies on co-operation in the development of aluminium downstream industries, signed by Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro and Kazakh Deputy Premier and Minister of Industry and New Technologies Issekeshev Asset Orentayevich.
* MoU to co-operate between Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company and National Holding 'Baiterek' of Kazakhstan, signed by Mumtalakat CEO Mahmood Al Kooheji and 'Baiterek' Deputy Chairman Alina Aldambergen.
* Memorandum between BNA and Kazinform international news agency, signed BNA general director Mohannad Alnoaimi and Kazinform director Dauren Diyarov.
* Agreement on the establishment of a joint business council, signed by Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) chairman Khalid Almoayed and National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of Kazakhstan chairman Yessimbekov Sabr Saylaubekovich.
* MoU between BCCI and Kazakh's National Chamber of Entrepreneurs, signed by Mr Almoayed and Kazakh Chamber of Commerce and Industry president Yessimbekov Sabr.
* A memorandum of co-operation on the implementation of investment projects in the field of livestock between JSC NEIA Kaznex Invest and Bahrain Livestock Company, signed by Bahrain Livestock Company chairman Ibrahim Zainal Ali and JSC NEIA Kaznex Invest deputy chairman Karmanov Kairat Zharylkasymovich.
* A memorandum of co-operation on implementation of investment projects in food industry between JSC NEIA Kaznex Invest and Bahrain Flour Mills Company, signed Bahrain Flour Mills Company chairman Abdullatif Khalid Alaujan. The ministries of culture and education in the two countries also signed two deals at the Presidential Palace in Astana. The two leaders were present. - TradeArabia News Service