IFSB- FSI organise seminar on liquidity risk in Doha
Kuala Lumpur, August 25, 2014
A major conference on the liquidity risk in the banking sector is set to take place in Doha in October.
A seminar on liquidity risk in Islamic and conventional banks will be organised by the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) and the Financial Stability Institute (FSI), in the light of new global regulatory developments, a statement said.
To be held on October 28 and 29 at the Sharq Village & Spa, Doha, it also seeks to update participants on the work and developments in the Basel committee of banking supervision and the IFSB in relation to liquidity risk issues at the global level, it said.
Among the topics that will be discussed in the seminar are:
- Managing liquidity and liquidity risks to promote financial stability
- Global regulatory developments on liquidity risk management
- Global developments on liquidity risk and challenges for Islamic finance
- Key elements for structuring liquidity instruments by the public sector
- Liquidity risk measurement, monitoring and supervision: liquidity stress testing
- Panel discussion: emerging trends and challenges in supervising liquidity risk management in the banking industry
Registration for the seminar is only open to all banking supervisory and regulatory authorities, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service