Noon work ban for workers
Manama, June 25, 2007
The Cabinet has moved to protect workers from Bahrain's scorching summer heat.
The Premier has urged a ban on construction or other outdoor work from 12 to 4 pm during July and August.
'This stems from the government's concern for labour safety and because of a remarkable rise in temperature and humidity in summer, which might endanger workers' health,' a statement said.
The Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa tasked the Labour Minister to issue a ministerial decision in this regard. TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing