$165m mansion for sale
New York, July 11, 2007
A Beverly Hills mansion has been advertised for sale at $165 million (£81.4 million), making it the most expensive residential property listing in the US.
The former home of US newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst has 29 bedrooms, three swimming pools, tennis courts, its own cinema and a nightclub.
Lawyer and investor Leonard Ross, who bought it in 1976, wants a 'lifestyle change', his estate agent said in a BBC report.
Hearst bought the H-shaped mansion in 1947 for about $120,000.
The 1920s-era pink stucco estate, which is set across 6.5 acres (2.6ha) north of Sunset Boulevard, featured in the film The Godfather.
But the estate is not the only US property awaiting a buyer who can afford a nine-figure price tag.
A 10-bedroom property in Montana's Big Sky country is on offer for $155m.
And former Saudi ambassador to the US, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, is still seeking a buyer for his Hala Ranch compound in Aspen, Colorado, a year after it was first listed for sale for $135m.
These prices far surpass the record set by former media mogul Gary Winnick in 2001, who spent just $94 million for his home, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Tags: Beverly Hills |
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show