13 firms bid for Duqm projects
Muscat , July 18, 2007
Thirteen local and international companies have submitted bids for two separate tenders for the establishment of power generation and water desalination facilities in Oman's Duqm.
The Rural Areas Electricity Company (REAC), a subsidiary of the state-owned Electricity Holding Company, is overseeing the development of the projects which, along with other infrastructure improvement, are key to supporting Duqm's development in the short term, said a report.
Duqm is envisioned as Oman's next major industrial and commercial hub centring around a world-scale ship repair yard and a proposed heavy industrial zone, the report said.
The power station will have a capacity of 64MW, while desalination project will produce 6,000 cu m of water per day.
In the race to build the power plant are Oman National Electric Co, Larsen & Toubro, Electromech LLC, Global Energy Technologies and Global Chemicals and Maintenance Systems LLC.
The line-up of confirmed bidders for the desalination plant are Oman National Electric Co, Global Chemicals & Maintenance System, Galfar Engineering & Contracting, Larsen & Toubro, HICO Co, Aoualyng & Towell Al Zawra, VA Tech Wabag, Utico, and Global Energy Technologies. Both components of the project, involved an estimated investment of around RO20 million, are expected to come on stream before the end of 2008.Trade Arabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah