Emke Group plans Sanaa centre
Riyadh, July 19, 2007
The UAE's Emke Group is to set up the biggest shopping and leisure centre in Yemeni capital Sanaa, investing $200 million.
The announcement follows an agreement signed by Yemen General Investment Authority (GIA) president Salah Al Attar and Emke Group managing director Yusuffali MA in the presence of Yemeni Prime Minister Ali Mohammad Mujaweer.
Yemeni government has allocated 20 acres of prime land in capital Sanaa for this project.
The project will have food courts, restaurants, amusement areas and world class brands boutiques.
The Emke Group will be investing $200 million in this project which will be spread in one million square feet built up area.
'We already have one Lulu hypermarket in Aden in Yemen and it has been getting tremendous response from shoppers and this has prompted us to venture into this bigger project,' said Yusuffali in remarks published in the Khaleej Times.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna