Tameer backs painting initiative
Amman , July 23, 2007
Taameer Jordan Holding has recently donated JD100,000 ($141,146) to a Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) community initiative.
Taameer made this contribution to fully adopt the second phase of the GAM's campaign to repaint and renovate the external fronts of buildings in the Eastern Amman area.
Taameer Jordan Holding’s contribution was made at a ceremonial event held at the municipality headquarters in Ras Al Ain yesterday.
The event was attended by Omar Maani, mayor of Amman, Eng. Khalid Al Dahleh, chairman of the board of directors at Taameer Jordan Holding, and Dr Khalid Al Wazani, general manager of Taameer Jordan Holding.
The first phase of this campaign, launched earlier this year, involved the repainting of buildings located in Ras Al Ain, Jabal Al-Qal’a, and in areas surrounding the Roman Amphitheater. The total area re-painted in that phase exceeded 70,000 sq m. During the second phase of this project 18 more areas will be renovated.
Taameer Jordan Holding’s involvement in the second phase of this project falls directly in line with its strategy for supporting Jordan’s social and economic development. The sums donated will be allocated for the purchasing of building materials, and paint products needed for this project. -TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals