$7.78m building for Buraimi college
Muscat, August 27, 2007
A $7.78-million construction agreement for the Buraimi University College building has been signed with Gulf Office for Engineering Consultancy.
The project includes administrative offices, departments, accommodation, library, computer labs and sports facilities, reported Oman Daily Observer.
The university campus constructed on 150,000 sq m accommodates more than 2,500 students.
The project will be completed in 18 months, Al Buraimi University College chairman Shaikh Ahmed bin Nasser Al Nuaimi was quoted as saying.
The number of students has increased to 1,200 of 23 nationalities from 40 when the college was opened in 2003, Al Nuaimi said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure