IRC wins Doha airport contract
Dubai, September 23, 2007
International Rubber Company (IRC) has won a Dh1.7 million ($463,000) contract from the New Doha International Airport (NDIA) project, phase 1.
IRC, a subsidiary of M’Sharie -- the private equity arm of Dubai Investments, will supply rubber gaskets and silicone sealant for the project.
The deal, commencing in September 2007, appoints IRC to supply rubber gaskets for the exterior walls of the development to form a seal against air, water and wind infiltration, in addition to providing silicone sealant for structural glazing applications. The state-of-the-art international airport in Doha is scheduled for completion in December 2008.
Hashim Al Hashim, managing Director, IRC, said: “The New Doha International Airport project contract is another prestigious addition to a string of major contracts we have won in the recent months, underlining the superior quality of our products and enhancing our reputation as one of the region’s premier rubber companies. Our commitment to quality and our vast experience in dealing with high profile clients across the region have helped us strategically consolidate our operations.”
The contract represents the latest international deal for the company, which currently supplies products to major developments in Singapore, Qatar, England and Saudi Arabia.
IRC is a UAE-based company that produces and markets synthetic polymer rubber and plastic products specifically catering to the property development industry. The company, acquired by M’Sharie in December 2006, produces high quality weather strip and associated products including structural, container and automotive seals, moulded rubber items, plastic items and PVC waterstops.
In addition to international projects, IRC has supplied products to many of the UAE’s premier property developments, including the Burj Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Resort and Dubai Festival City. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project