Al Garhoud Bridge works progress well
Dubai , September 25, 2007
About 76 per cent of the construction work on widening the Al Garhoud Bridge in Dubai has been completed.
The estimated cost of the project is Dh415 million ($103 million), according to the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
The importance of the project is underscored by the fact that it involves the construction of two bridges; each with seven lanes in each direction. The total length of the bridge will be 520 metres, with the structures rising 16 metres above the water level.
It will ensure free navigation in the Creek and also provide additional traffic capacity as it will allow 16,000 vehicles to pass per hour.
The new bridge is schedule for opening in March 2008, according to CEO of Traffic & Roads Agency Maitha bin Udai.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai to open $196m tunnels project
- AECOM wins $148m Doha Expressway contract
- Top Indian property firm plans Bahrain foray
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi