Al Garhoud Bridge works progress well
Dubai , September 25, 2007
About 76 per cent of the construction work on widening the Al Garhoud Bridge in Dubai has been completed.
The estimated cost of the project is Dh415 million ($103 million), according to the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
The importance of the project is underscored by the fact that it involves the construction of two bridges; each with seven lanes in each direction. The total length of the bridge will be 520 metres, with the structures rising 16 metres above the water level.
It will ensure free navigation in the Creek and also provide additional traffic capacity as it will allow 16,000 vehicles to pass per hour.
The new bridge is schedule for opening in March 2008, according to CEO of Traffic & Roads Agency Maitha bin Udai.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing
- Qatar announces massive bridges project
- $49m home loans approved in Bahrain
- BlomInvest sees Makkah project on track
- Dubai show to unveil top Indian projects
- Imdaad renews FM contract with sports complex
- Hyundai Heavy wins $1.4bn Kuwait contract