Bahrain to build new grand mosque
Manama, October 10, 2007
His Majesty King Hamad last night announced the funding of a new grand mosque - where Friday prayers will also be held - between Manama and Muharraq.
The announcement came as he hosted an Iftar banquet at Safriya Palace in the presence of Prime Minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa and Crown Prince and BDF Commander-in-Chief Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
The Shaikh Hamad Grand Mosque, to be situated between Al Ghous Avenue and Shaikh Isa Causeway, will overlook the sea and accommodate 10,000 male and 2,500 female worshippers.
Its five minarets will symbolise Islam's five pillars and combine traditional and modern architecture. It will comprise a number of buildings, squares, fountains and other facilities.
The mosque will be a landmark in Bahrain's development process and a place for social and cultural interaction, said the King. -TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna