Shaikh Hamdan approves $3.4m Safouh Park
Dubai, October 11, 2007
Deputy ruler of Dubai, UAE Minister of Finance and Industry and chairman of Dubai Municipality Shaikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum has approved the Dh12.89 million ($3.4 million) project for constructing a new neighbourhood park in Al Safouh Area of Dubai.
This was announced by acting director general of Dubai Municipality Hussain Nasser Lootah who noted that works of the 1.6 hector park had already begun and it would be ready by July next year.
"The park was designed in line with advanced planning standards and on the basis of studies conducted in advance to determine the recreational needs and requirements of the residents. We have in fact conducted a random opinion survey among residents of the area," said Lootah.
The park consists of two sections with the main section dedicated to recreation purpose while the second one is intended for various sports. The first section would include shaded sitting areas, pedestrian walkways, greenery, a café-cum-mini mart, and other services.
The park, furthermore, would include a 550-metre long jogging track, and a 250-metre long cycling and skating track. There would be facilities for people of special needs. The sports area would include a mini football pitch, volleyball court, tennis court and a multi-purpose court.
Lootah said the municipality is undertaking similar projects in various parts of the emirate as part of a comprehensive plan to provide recreational facilities for the city's residents.- TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi