Avenues Mall nominated for Mapic Awards
Kuwait City, October 30, 2007
Mabanee Company, Kuwait's premier real estate investment and construction company, is all set for its maiden participation at the international retail real estate event Mapic in Cannes, France.
The company's iconic Avenues Mall is being nominated for the prestigious Mapic Awards.
Mabanee will be present at booth number R37.17 at Mapic 2007. The event will be held at Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France, from November 14 to 16 and expects participation from over 67 countries, more than 1900 retailers and almost 900 exhibitors.
At the leading industry event, Mabanee will present to the international retail real estate community, the company's innovative approach to project development as demonstrated by The Avenues.
The $2 billion mega project which was launched in February 2007, has the distinction of being the largest mall in Kuwait and a landmark in the regional retail scene. It is already a popular destination with its array of high profile international brands and a variety of entertainment and recreational facilities.
"With the Avenues Mall now firmly established as a premier shopping and leisure destination, Mapic is the perfect occasion for us to present to the world our accomplishment in project development, strategic approach towards malls as destinations and our success in attracting top regional and international brands, "said general manager of Mabanee Company Khaled K Bin Salama.
"With a premier world class project such as The Avenues Mall to our credit, we look forward to MAPIC to explore business opportunities that will help us pursue similar large scale projects in local and international arena, in the future. We are also on the constant look out for fresh, exciting retail brands to join our growing portfolio," he added.
The second phase of the Avenues Mall, set for completion in March 2008, will feature a state-of-art business centre, four star hotels, convention centre and a theatre. This will closely be followed by two more phases, with the mall reaching completion by 2010.
The Mapic Awards will be decided by a jury composed of seven distinguished members from the industry, presided by director of Retail Department, DTZ Asesores Inmobiliarios Internacionales (Spain) Sharon Fernandez Cavada King. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals