Conmex to focus on construction sector
Dubai, November 3, 2007
The second edition of Conmex will cater to the regional construction sector's growing demand for machinery, equipment, vehicles, attachments and spares.
The event will be held at Expo Centre Sharjah from November 5 to 8.
With over $1 trillion worth of projects currently underway in the GCC states and another $150 billion in the pipeline, the regional construction sector is at an all time high.
UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, and Bahrain are among the GCC States that are at present in the midst of a construction frenzy and also have several major infrastructure projects lined up for the coming years.
In other parts of the Middle East too, the construction sector has been experiencing unparalleled growth. Among the countries in the region where there is significant spending at present on infrastructure and other projects are Iran and Iraq.
Whereas the total value of construction projects in Iran has reached $97 billion, in Iraq it is to the tune of $27 billion.
The major causes for the sharp and continued upswing in the regional construction sector in the last few years may be attributed to skyrocketing oil prices, substantial inflow of capital due to the availability of attractive business opportunities, liberal government policies, stable markets, and easy access to financial and other related facilities.
The boom in the Middle East construction sector has given rise to a massive demand for construction machinery, equipment, vehicles, attachments and spares. In fact, the annual market demand just for used construction machinery and equipment in the Middle East exceeds Dhs5 billion ($1.3 billion).
"The Middle East construction sector is currently experiencing phenomenal growth," said advisor to chairman and board of directors of Expo Centre Sharjah Fasahat Ali Khan.
"The growth in the sector has led to massive demand for construction related products and technologies. CONMEX is the region's most comprehensive sourcing platform that exclusively caters to the Middle East construction sector's requirements of construction machinery, equipment, vehicles, attachments and spares," he added.
This year's Conmex will be occupying a total exhibition area of 31,000 sq. m. including 15,000 sq. m. of outdoor space.
It will host more than 280 brands from 23 countries including UK, UAE, Australia, China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan (ROC), Italy, Germany, Russia, Slovenia, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, USA, Spain, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Romania, Belgium, Ireland and Iran.- TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals