Construction begins on Reef Island
MANAMA: , December 4, 2007
Reef Island has started phase one of construction which includes 14 buildings, 20 villas and 49 beach villas.
The man-made residential island development is worth $1.3 billion and due to be fully complete by November 2010, reported Gulf Daily News.
The handover to phase one tenants will be in June 2009 with the initiation of phase two construction in the third quarter of next year.
'The economic boom in the region has led to a land reclaiming trend that allows development companies to completely design an entire project through their corporate vision,' project manager Waleed Hayek was quoted as saying.
'The Reef Island's dominating factor is that it is a residential project at a prime location in Bahrain, but our vision has been to combine this commercial aspect with the benefits of it being an attraction not only for tourists but also for the end users.
'Our goal is to provide residents of the island as well as visitors a friendly environment with attractions in a calming well thought out landscape that will not be overcrowded with traffic or noise. Our objective was not to build high-rise towers to maximise profitability but to produce an end project that the whole of Bahrain will be able to enjoy.'
The island will house 1,250 apartments, 65 individual villas, 49 beach villas, a spa and five-star hotel, a promenade featuring over 24 different cuisines, a 30,000sqm boutique shopping mall, a marina and yacht club, a wellness centre, six public parks and a currently unconfirmed aquarium. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes