Abyaar opens escrow accounts with DIB
Dubai, December 12, 2007
Leading property developer Abyaar real estate development has signed with Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) to provide escrow accounts for its projects.
This follows Abyaar gaining the required certification from the Dubai Land Department to operate under the newly introduced property law, which requires all property developers to open escrow accounts for investor funds.
Abyaar vice chairman and managing director Marzooq Al Rashdan says Abyaar decided on DIB because it has already established a good working relationship with DIB.
“Abyaar recently arranged Sharia compliant finance for its Acacia Avenues project through DIB and we were impressed by the way this deal was handled.”
Abyaar has two Venti Quattro furnished apartment buildings being constructed at Dubai Marina; as well as the Acacia Avenues project which is the only freehold development on offer in the Jumeirah district.
Akram Khan, vice president and head of GCC Region at DIB corporate banking division, said: “Dubai Islamic Bank is pleased to have been able to build further on its relationship with Abyaar.
“Providing escrow accounts is a natural extension to the business we already do with Abyaar and we are proud to be their chosen partner for this role.”
Founded with a capital value of KD 35 million ($121 million) - Abyaar is a joint venture between Kuwait’s Aayan Leasing and Investment Company, a leading investment player and Al Rashdan Group, a major real estate developer, and other investors.--TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract