Doha Expressway work begins
Doha, December 23, 2007
Qatar's Public Works Authority (Ashghal) has begun work on the Doha Expressway, a project linking the north and south of the country through Doha.
The project is estimated to cost more than QR8 billion, according to a report in Peninsula.
The project will comprise 13 phases. Ashghal has already started work on four phases of the project - February 22 Interchange and Al Amir Street (phases I & II), Industrial Interchange (phase III) and D Ring-E Ring Interchange (phase IV).
The Doha Expressway also includes the 3.3km-long D Ring Road, linking the Khalifa Al Attiyah Intersection and the Airport Intersection.
The mega project includes construction of three-lane dual carriageway, service roads on both sides, two multi-level interchanges addition to the development of the network infrastructure and landscaping work.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract