Ashghal to build more playgrounds
Doha, December 24, 2007
Qatar’s Public Works Authority (Ashghal) plans to build more playgrounds in Doha and other parts of the country, in addition to the 11 constructed recently.
Abdul Hameed Radwani, a senior official, was quoted by the Gulf Times as saying Ashghal had so far built neighbourhood playgrounds at Al Assiri, Old Airport, Nuaija east and west, Mesaimeer, Abu Hamour, Aziziyya, Duhail north and south, Markhia and Khalifa Town north.
New playing fields have also been built at Wakrah and Umm Salal, and work on such facilities was currently under way in Al Khor, Al Thakhira, Gharrafa and other places,” he added.
Negotiations were on with several authorities to take charge of the playgrounds, he said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom