Ashghal to build more playgrounds
Doha, December 24, 2007
Qatar’s Public Works Authority (Ashghal) plans to build more playgrounds in Doha and other parts of the country, in addition to the 11 constructed recently.
Abdul Hameed Radwani, a senior official, was quoted by the Gulf Times as saying Ashghal had so far built neighbourhood playgrounds at Al Assiri, Old Airport, Nuaija east and west, Mesaimeer, Abu Hamour, Aziziyya, Duhail north and south, Markhia and Khalifa Town north.
New playing fields have also been built at Wakrah and Umm Salal, and work on such facilities was currently under way in Al Khor, Al Thakhira, Gharrafa and other places,” he added.
Negotiations were on with several authorities to take charge of the playgrounds, he said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site