Nakheel releases ‘The World’ photos
Dubai: , January 16, 2008
Nakheel has released an aerial photograph after the completion of land reclamation for its epic island development - The World.
“The image is a snapshot for the history books. The World will only remain in this ‘virgin’ state for a short period of time before the individual islands are handed over to developers and construction on the islands themselves begins,” the developer said in a statement.
Last week the final stone on the breakwater for The World was placed and reclamation work was completed on schedule.
The completion of phase 1 has seen land reclamation requiring 320 million cubic meters of sand dredged from the sea and the creation of the breakwater that surrounds the 9km wide and 7kms long island destination. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi