Orascom unit wins $1.1bn Qatar contract
Cairo, January 30, 2008
Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Contrack International has won a major contract in Qatar.
The $ 1.1 billion contract from the Qatari Foundation is to build the SIDRA Medical and Research Center (SMRC) in Doha.
The contract is in joint venture with OHL of Spain and is valued at approximately $2.4 billion. OCI’s scope of work is valued at US$ 1.1 billion.
Further details will be disclosed at a later date, the company said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal