Orascom unit wins $1.1bn Qatar contract
Cairo, January 30, 2008
Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Contrack International has won a major contract in Qatar.
The $ 1.1 billion contract from the Qatari Foundation is to build the SIDRA Medical and Research Center (SMRC) in Doha.
The contract is in joint venture with OHL of Spain and is valued at approximately $2.4 billion. OCI’s scope of work is valued at US$ 1.1 billion.
Further details will be disclosed at a later date, the company said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure