Hill's Etihad Towers contract extended
Abu Dhabi, March 4, 2008
Hill International, a global leader in managing construction risk, has won a contract extension from Sheikh Suroor Bin Mohammed Al Nahyan to provide project management services for the Dh2.5 billion ($681 million) Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi.
Hill's original two-and-a-half-year contract was worth Dh11.6 million ($3.2 million). The new three-year extension has an estimated value to Hill of approximately Dh29.8 million ($8.1 million).
Etihad Towers is a world-class, mixed-use development located on the prestigious coastline of Khalidyah. This new address will be home to an impressive five-star hotel, serviced apartments, residences, offices and a retail mall.
The development comprises five towers ranging from 49 to 76 stories above a five-level podium with a built-up area of 519,000 sq m (5.5 million sq ft). Construction is expected to be completed by December 2010.
"We are honoured to have been chosen to manage such an exciting project," said Raouf S Ghali, president of Hill's Project Management Group (International). "Etihad Towers is another step forward in making Abu Dhabi a world-renowned business and resort destination," Ghali added. –TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom