Muscat Hills project unveiled
Muscat, March 11, 2008
The Muscat Golf and Country Club’s new brand identity “Muscat Hills” was unveiled at an event at Grand Hyatt Muscat.
Muscat Hills, the brainchild of Sayyid Kais bin Tarik Al Said, will bring many benefits of championship golf to Oman and rank amongst the best golfing experiences in the region, the company said in a statement.
Anticipated to be the most spectacular and challenging course in Arabia, the first PGA-standard 18 hole Par 72 championship green golf course in Oman is designed by the internationally renowned Paul Thomas of Dave Thomas Associates and integrates the sporting demands of a high quality championship course with the natural beauty of the Omani landscape, contrasted by picturesque fairways, lushes greens and dramatic wadis, it added.
The new logo is inspired by the “golf swing”, the most debated topic in the game and illustrates the grace of motion while encapsulating the organic beauty of the project, the company said.
“Muscat Hills is easily the most unique real-estate development in Oman, as it was born not out of any commercial motivation but purely out of one man’s dream of gifting his country with its first green championship golf course,” said Muscat Hills managing director Chandra Lahiri.
“There is little doubt that it will be a magnet for premium golf tourism and we are fortunate to have a group of world-class partners to bring this project to fruition,” he said.
Lahiri said a steering committee of reputed professionals was also constituted by Sayyid Kais bin Tarik Al Said to advise the management of the project.
Muscat Hills comprises four aesthetic and environmentally friendly parts that includes a golf course, an exclusive gated residential development, boutique resort hotel and premiere Country Club in addition to a tract of commercial land to house premium office space, retail and entertainment.
The first phase of the residential units comprising 80 deluxe villas and 25 exclusive apartment blocks along the periphery of the golf course have already been sold out and the next, and final, phase of high-value luxury homes in nooks around the golf course will be offered by invitation only.
“Another noteworthy feature at our Project will be an Academy, not only to teach the game to aspiring youngsters here, but also to train Omanis in the highly skilled vocations of golf course maintenance. This will provide high-quality employment for citizens not only in Oman but internationally,” he said.
The contract for construction of the villas, apartments and infrastructure has been awarded to Larsen & Toubro Oman due to their extensive experience and exceptional engineering skills and Southern Golf, the specialist golf course construction company shaping and forming the course, bring considerable worldwide expertise to the Project. Other partners include principal consultants COWI & Partners, Eight Services, Majan Engineering, ARC, AZD Land Surveying Services, KPMG, BankMuscat, Reality and TRACCS Public Relations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna