Dubai plans museum on Prophet's life
Dubai, March 12, 2008
Dubai will build a museum entirely dedicated to the life of Prophet Mohammed, a WAM report said.
Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum ordered the unique project to be under taken, the state news agency said.
The project aims to shed light on the life and legacy of the Holy Prophet and the divine message he lived for, thus introducing the message of eternal love and peace Islam gave the entire mankind, it said.
Sheikh Mohammed entrusted the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority with the tasks of supervising and implementing various phases of the project.
The authority was set up a few days ago by a decree from Sheikh Mohammed with Sheikh Mayed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum as its chairman.
Sheikh Mayed said: "We deemed it wise to begin the activities of the authority with a museum dedicated to the life and message of the Last Prophet, who gave the teachings of love and tolerance. The project also clearly indicates that Dubai is keen on playing its role not only as a bridge between the East and the West, but also between the Islamic world and the rest of the world."
The museum project will be implemented in three phases, as the first two phases will chronicle the life of the Prophet. The third phase will be an expansion of the first two phases, based on need.
Managing director of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority Dr Omer bin Suleiman said in a city where more than 200 various nationalities live, the museum will represent an edifice of civilisation.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property