Dubai plans museum on Prophet's life
Dubai, March 12, 2008
Dubai will build a museum entirely dedicated to the life of Prophet Mohammed, a WAM report said.
Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum ordered the unique project to be under taken, the state news agency said.
The project aims to shed light on the life and legacy of the Holy Prophet and the divine message he lived for, thus introducing the message of eternal love and peace Islam gave the entire mankind, it said.
Sheikh Mohammed entrusted the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority with the tasks of supervising and implementing various phases of the project.
The authority was set up a few days ago by a decree from Sheikh Mohammed with Sheikh Mayed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum as its chairman.
Sheikh Mayed said: "We deemed it wise to begin the activities of the authority with a museum dedicated to the life and message of the Last Prophet, who gave the teachings of love and tolerance. The project also clearly indicates that Dubai is keen on playing its role not only as a bridge between the East and the West, but also between the Islamic world and the rest of the world."
The museum project will be implemented in three phases, as the first two phases will chronicle the life of the Prophet. The third phase will be an expansion of the first two phases, based on need.
Managing director of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority Dr Omer bin Suleiman said in a city where more than 200 various nationalities live, the museum will represent an edifice of civilisation.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed