$463m Rainbow Towers work gets underway
Dubai, March 12, 2008
Sweet Homes, a leading UAE-based developer and total solutions provider to the real estate sector, has announced the start of the preliminary phase of its construction of Dh1.7 billion ($463 million) Rainbow Towers project in Emirates City.
Strategically located along the Emirates Road, Rainbow Towers will comprise nine luxurious 31-storey residential buildings fully equipped with high-speed elevators, a state-of-the-art fitness club, jacuzzi and sauna facilities, sports bar, recreation area and a rooftop swimming pool.
This marks the developer’s maiden offering as a full-service real estate company, said a company official.
In addition to the shoring and excavation contract, the developer has also awarded the design and supervision consultancy of the project to Adnan Saffarini Office, a well known and leading engineering consultancy firm of international repute, which is expected to ensure the first-class quality of the themed residential development within the stipulated time frame.
The groundbreaking was held in the presence of Sweet Homes CEO Fahad Sattar Dero and Salah project manager Abdul Ghafar besides Adnan Saffarini Office site engineer Hazem Zughrub and
Piling Tech official Hussain Ridhwan.
'This follows the recent awarding of an Dh12 million shoring and excavation contract to Piling Tech for the initial groundwork for Towers B10, B14 & B15 - three towers out of the nine towers in the Rainbow Towers development,' Sattar Dero said.
The developer also announced earlier that six towers had achieved a sold out status, with 70 per cent of the remaining three towers already sold and high expectations of selling out the entire project before its projected completion by mid 2010.
'With the soil investigation at the site already completed, the piling contractor has started the excavation, drilling, shoring and foundation works, and has announced a target of three months to finish the entire project,' he noted.
The company has also unveiled a unique four-year self-financed payment scheme, which breaks down the payment schedule to 50 per cent of the value upon the project’s completion, 25 per cent upon delivery and the remaining 25 per cent after the handover.
“The project is another opportunity for us to showcase our extensive experience in ground works, and our top-of-the-line technologies, which have earned us the trust of our high profile clientele throughout the country,” said Abdul Khaliq, Piling Tech CEO.
With a current project portfolio valued at Dh3.5 billion, Sweet Homes has also recently announced its plan to invest Dh2 billion in high profile residential, commercial and mixed-use real estate developments across the Middle East in 2008.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract