DIB, Dodsal sign $157m finance agreement
Dubai, March 15, 2008
Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) has signed a Dh577 million ($157 million) facility agreement with Dodsal Engineering & Construction to finance the replacement of the NGL Pipeline Network Project awarded by Abu Dhabi Gas Industries Limited’s (Gasco) to Dodsal.
The total value of Gasco’s project is $151 million, said a top company official.
Ayman Kamal, executive vice president, DIB, said the agreement comes in line with DIB’s vision to support a wide range of economic sectors with reputable contractors.
'The gas processing sector is considered a vital field for the national economy, and we are proud to be part of this significant project,' he noted.
“The bank has successfully developed and structured innovative financing deals that meet the requirements of major corporations and government bodies in the UAE and worldwide,” Kamal pointed out.
“Dodsal has been a valued customer of DIB and our relationship with Dodsal extends over various local as well as regional project financing,” he added.
Rajen Arvind Kilachand, Dodsal chairman, said the deal would enable Dodsal to continue to support the economic development of the UAE and, in particular, the energy sector.
'Our longstanding partnership with DIB is greatly valued by all of us at Dodsal, and we look forward to continuing to work with them in the future,' he observed.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property